Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Questions for the class 8.19.9

How do you want to organize and archive your daily writing? In the past I've very prescriptive (or is proscriptive?) in telling students what kind of bound and expandable notebook type contrivance to use. And always 3-5% of the class would subvert the paradigm, bringing about the chaos described in my first blog.

The first entry in your collective daily writing journal/portfolio/notebook/blog will address the question, "Why am I in this class"? That will be on the back of the syllabus "quiz."

I like the idea of students posting their own blogs - we could create our own social network. A previous class had some success - and I learned a lot from the experience. I doubt it'd work for everyone, though I have ample evidence that blogging and the sort of web 2.0 skills that come with it are necessary for sucess in the workforce three years from now. Employers are going to demand it. and there are so many

So who should make the decision, teacher or students? regardless it needs to be convenient for review. Think not only of the categorical imperative but of the greg imperative (ie what would the greg's life be like if everyone did what I do?).

No comments:

Post a Comment