Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year/ New Semester resolutions

  1. I will lose the 3 kilos I put on over winter break.
  2. I will get the coffee monkey off my back.
  3. Classes will grasp the meaning of deadlines - I will be firm in NOT accepting late work for credit.
  4. We won't extend deadlines for the class.
  5. We will make the connection between our comp classes and real life more clear and understood.
  6. I will make greater use of the text-book.
  7. Students will learn that communication is important and excuses only mean something if they come BEFORE the deadline/ missed class/ whatever; Therefore, if you have commitments to school sponsored activity, or religious holiday tell me well in advance and we can work something out.

notes
  1. Re: # 1 - and then continue to lose 4.5 kilos more.
  2. Re: # 2 - I will at least stop buying it.
  3. Re: # 3 - I'm by far not the only instructor who got burned on this last semester. One had students asking to turn in late work after the grades were posted!
  4. Re: # 4 - Students liked it in the short term - but complained about it in summative (semester-end) reviews.
  5. Re # 7 - The school formally does not recognize any absence as excused.

No comments:

Post a Comment