Tuesday, March 2, 2010

15 things you don't know about me

  1. I cook. I like it and I'm pretty good at it.
  2. I do all the laundry at my house.
  3. I'm also the first to change dirty diapers - provided my son dirtied them.
  4. I taught kindergarten for a year.
  5. I wrestled varsity in college. Lettered 3 years.
  6. I thought I might be an atheist from age 14 to about 28 - but it turned out I was just stuck in a very bad mood.
  7. I've worked on farms much of my life - and can drive a tractor pretty well.
  8. I like traveling and have visited at least 9 countries.
  9. When traveling, I eat all the weird foods. Few people have eaten things I haven't tried.
  10. My primary mode of transportation for about 3 years was a motorcycle.
  11. I've broken at least 5 distinct large bones not counting noses, toes, fingers/thumbs, or ribs. Too many of those to count.
  12. Television can hypnotize me - I won't touch a remote control unless I'm completely alone.
  13. I can read on a bus, in a full sporting auditorium during a competition, during a riot, etc.
  14. I speak ( or at least spoke) passably fluent Mandarin Chinese.
  15. When I worked in a convenience store I sold cigarettes and beer to pregnant women (not exclusively or even most of the time - but I remember it because it bothered me).
  16. I played nose guard in 4A High School football. We won league and made it to state semi-finals. I was all league. I weighed 153 lbs dripping wet at the time.
  17. I went to a catholic grade school.

1 comment:

  1. 16 Things you dont know about me:
    1. All league softball
    2. Tennis team captain- 3rd in state 3yrs running
    3. Merit Scholar
    4. Full ride scholarship to ivy league college
    5. Competed nationally in Hunter/ Jumper with my off the track thoroughbred horse 4' fences
    6. Trained several young OTTBs and other horses to jump from scratch
    7. Worked as Bridal consultant/ manager in a large volume clothing store
    8. Worked in a restaurant in drive up take out- there were no customers to give a "fake smile" to
    9. Orgainized a trip to Italy with my art class 2005 no one thought we would go
    10. Went to Montessorri school
    11. Am an incredible artist won state competition with a sculpture i did. I also paint and work on the wheel but love sculpting and still do
    12. Love to cook could make french bread from scratch when I was 8.
    13. Fractured only one bone in my life in several places -my skull
    14. Rode a motorcycle only once in my life
    15. Am proving to everyone that being a Glascow Coma Scale 3 is not a death sentence.
    16. Can drive a tractor in 2 feet of snow, ice or in mud without 4 wheel drive.

    ReplyDelete