Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Facebook


I've had a Facebook account for about a decade, but a couple years ago a fellow JCCC instructor, John Mack, convinced me there are educational applications. See his video on my youtube channel here. Like any tool - Facebook can be used for good or evil.

I friend any students who ask - but I don't initiate contact unless other forms of communication failed and/or there was concern for a student's well-being or success. If you have ideas re: a more effective Facebook policy for a teacher or class - post here to the comments.

My classes last semester created class pages - this one was kept up the best and the longest. It may change its name and become a comp 2 class page next semester. Students have to take ownership tools and applications - or they don't work.

Check out our social bookmarking site for research/ links re: Facebook - and suggest additional links resources

No comments:

Post a Comment